About the book
Unlimited Memory: How to Use Advanced Learning Strategies to Learn Faster, Remember More and be More Productive, was written by Kevin Horsley and published by TCK Publishing on January 26, 2014. The book has a total of 188 pages.
Kevin starts the book by discussing the myths and limited beliefs that surrounds memory. According to him good memory isn’t something that one is born with but something that one can develop by careful and dedicated practice as well as learning a number of memory techniques.
He also brings up the fact that the world we currently live in is not conducive to promoting good memory as multitasking is a destroy of concentration and good memory.
Some of the techniques in the book include:
- Using images to bring the information to life since your brain remembers images much better.
- Using mnemonics to remember phrases, stories and number sequences
- Relating one concept to another concept
There are many more techniques described in the book such as memory palaces however one needs to practice in order to be able to improve their memory.
Key takeaway and commentaries
My key takeaways are:
- Memory can be improved with practice
- Multitasking is bad for developing good memory
- I should always try to relate what I read or learn to something that I either have an easier time to remember or and previous concept that I remember.
- I should practice memory techniques often in order to make them second nature.
Memory is something that I’ve always wanted to work on since I could become extremely forgetful at times. At the same time having good memory is also helpful in business as I would be able to recall facts, figures and meetings faster.
In a sense I’m happy to have stumbled on this book and I’ll do my best to practice as many of the techniques as I can see possible given my schedule.
What do you think? Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments and if you found this post useful or enjoyable, please share and leave a like. Thank you! Stay tuned for tomorrows book The Power of Why: Breaking Out in a Competitive Marketplace
For more information on the 2018 challenge, visit the following link: Business Trek 2018 reading challenge.
You can also get the book via the following link: Unlimited Memory: How to Use Advanced Learning Strategies to Learn Faster, Remember More and be More Productive
Photo taken from Pexels: Here