Before I start this post I would like to thank Teddy the dog talks for nominating me for the sunshine blogger award. The blog is about the adventures of a cute dog named Ted so please check it out when you have the time.
The rules for this award are:
1.Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2.Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3.Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4.List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
My answers to her questions are:
1. Who, in your opinion, is the greatest person of all time?
This is a tough one – in terms of greatest I am unsure since what measure am I using for greatness here – financial? artistic? intellectual? However if I were to use important as a measure, I believe that regardless of who you are, where you are, regardless of your status or stature – the most important person of all time is everybody.
Everybody has a role to pay in this world of ours – progress cannot be made without the individuals who sweat and toil just as much as the powers who will it.
2. Who do you think is the most charitable celebrity and why?
Unfortunately I don’t know any celebrities – HAHA business school to me is like living under a rock. However if we are speaking of historical business people – I would say John D Rockefeller, funding several colleges, orphanages and charities all the while keeping it a secret from the public.
3. If all the books in the world were going to be destroyed and you could only save one, which one would it be?
This question took me several hours to think of – I would like to say As a Man Thinketh by James Allen, its a short book but the message has helped change my life. The book’s message is that your outside world reflects your inner world and that if you really want to change your circumstances you start by changing yourself, from your habits to the way you think. I want to do a review of it however it will not be part of my reading challenge since it is so short.
4. Who inspires you?
There are too many people who inspire me – from my paternal Grandfather to my parents to historical figures that I love to read about. However for the sake of brevity, I’ll go with Napoleon Bonaparte.
When I was in high school the stories of how he fought the entirety of Europe and how he had gotten the respect and loyalty of his men really inspired me. Even more was the fact that Napoleon fought against the ideals of peerage, aristocracy and feudalism and most of his wars were defensive wars where he was not the aggressor fascinated me.
However what inspired me the most was the fact that he read a great deal and spent his youth in intense study – his military genius was something he cultivated – he wasn’t born with it.
5. What’s your favorite travel destination?
Unfortunately I do not travel much however, I will say I love to travel to anywhere with good cultural venues or a great bookstore.
6. If you could add three things to your life, what would they be?
This is a hard one, I honestly feel that my life is pretty complete right now so hence I really don’t know what to add – I’ll get back to this eventually.
7. What inspires you to blog?
I blog because I want to keep myself accountable and I want to see how much I grow and change after my 365 days of reading challenge. The fact that each blog post represents my thought patterns and my written ability at the slice of time lets me know just how much I’ve grown and that growth is what is inspiring me to keep blogging.
8. What class do you think they should teach in high school that they didn’t have when you were there?
They should have a course called “how to be an adult” – HAHAHAHAHA
9. If you could change the world, how would you change it?
UGH – this question is extremely hard for me – lets just say that this moment I feel that I’m better equipped to answer “If I could change myself, how would I change?” is an easier question.
10. If you could go back in time and relive one moment, what would it be?
To be honest, there aren’t many moments in my past that I’d relive. If I was asked this question a year or so ago, I would have a long list however as I started to focus on being more present – even if I have the power to relive, I’d rather live now.
The past to me is gone and buried, both the happy times and the bad. The only power I have is over the moment. So unfortunately I couldn’t answer this question.
11. What’s been your most memorable moment of your life, or at least one of them?
My memorable moments are all the times that I’ve managed to learn a new skill or achieved something that I thought was just a dream before. For example learning how to play piano – I still remember all the moments when I learned to play new songs perfectly. The same goes for Kung Fu and many other skills.
My Nominees are:
- Nathan Wood Consulting
- Delicate Fighter
- The Cheeky Cyclist
- Make It Ultra
- Lucifer the baddass
- Bibliomane’s Bibliophilism
- The Elevated Girl
- The Historical Diaries
- Hashtag the writings
- Life of Chaz
- Aidan J Reid
My Questions are:
- What are you goals for 2018 and why?
- If you can learn one new skill what would it be and why?
- What qualities do you like most in others and why?
- What qualities do you like most in leaders and why?
- What would you do if you only had a year left to live?
- If you were given three wishes what would they be and why?
- If you had the chance to live anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
- If you had the chance to go anywhere in the universe where would it be and why?
- Describe one moment in your past that you would say changed your entire life.
- Describe your idea of a perfect weekend.
- What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?