Originally I hadn’t planned on doing a reflections on my challenge however I believe it would only do my readers justice to know what it has been like to read so much and how I’ve been coping. However before that I would like to thank everyone who stopped by from First Friday for making the first week of this new blog feel welcoming. I would especially like to thank The Journey, The Cheeky Cyclist, and Words are World for their motivating comments – and another thank you to The Cheeky Cyclist for recommending me:
Which I’ve just ordered from Amazon and will do a post about as soon as I get my hands on the book.
So – how have I been able to keep up with the readings?
SIMPLE! Energy drinks and lack of sleep – I mean who needs sleep? We often hear that sleep is for the weak right? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz….
Oh sorry about that I passed out on my keyboard.
But all jokes aside, this week would have been very hard if it wasn’t for the fact that I chose books that I knew would be interesting to me. Its a no brainer that you’d put in the best efforts when the topic is something you are interested in.
I find it interesting how so many people do not follow their interests, strengths or passions because of what others would think. Not following your dream due to financial constraints I can understand – and also not following your dream because its completely stupid or impractical. For example wanting to be a literal house cat isn’t practical at all – although house cats do have great lives. – I want to be a cat now.
Don’t get me wrong, there were days like yesterday where I thought I couldn’t finish the book before midnight (pacific time) and would have called the day a fail. There were mornings when I woke up and wanted to flat out delete this site – however whats keeping me going are:
- I want to prove to myself that I can do this challenge.
- I want to learn as much as I can about business and personal development.
- I want to be able to help and inspire others with this blog.
You can get caught up on these first five days via the following links:
- 2018 challenge day 1 – The Charisma Myth: How Anyone Can Master the Art and Science of Personal Magnetism
- 2018 challenge day 2 – Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future.
- 2018 challenge day 3 – Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion.
- 2018 challenge day 4 – Become a Person of Influence: How to Positively Impact the Lives of Others
- 2018 challenge day 5 – How to Stop Worrying and Start Living
Again if you found this post useful or enjoyable, please like and share! Thank you! Also feel free to leave a comment.
For more information about the 2018 challenge, visit the following link: Business Trek 2018 reading challenge.
By the way if you are interested in romance novels you should check out How they Met by one of our fellow bloggers.